$45,000 - $50,000
The Buyer is responsible for maintaining optimal inventory levels, balancing goals and maximizing overall service to customers while maximizing inventory turns. The successful candidate will be professional, motivated and committed to excellence.
Essential Duties Include:
• Requests price and delivery quotations, issues purchase orders, and negotiating or assisting with negotiations with prospective vendors.
• Reviews purchase quantities/price breaks for best buy opportunities.
Pursues continuous improvement in purchasing procedures & efficiency and team functioning.
• Keeps purchasing management informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
• Develops and maintains a general understanding of industry, products and purchasing techniques.
• Develops and maintains a reputation that projects fair and ethical dealings with vendors.
• Maintains compliance with company Business Management System (ISO).
• Groups purchases into economical order sizes to obtain best price, quality and delivery performance.
• Enters and maintains purchase order information on the computer system.
• Monitors assigned SKU’s for inventory replenishment.
• Enters and maintains accurate purchasing parameters.
• Issues purchase orders with proper requirements and delivery.
• Manages secondary process parts and WIPS accurately and efficiently.
• Collaborates with the Receiving department to review and resolve inventory issues relating to warehouse operations.
• Actively pursues appropriate charge back of unacceptable costs. Works to improve vendor quality.
• Analyzes data, creates and implements plans in support of key measures. Works to improve performance and leverages team support to improve performance of key measures, including service degree, inventory turns, gross profit dollars, and gross profit percent.
• Other duties as needed or required.
- Military Veteran or Family Member preferred but not required.
• Bachelors degree or commensurate combination of education and experience.
• At least one year of experience as a buyer or similar position.
• Detail oriented with strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Must be an effective communicator in both and written skills.
• Excellent MS Office skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency with forecasting and demand planning in an Enterprise Resource Planning system.
• Solid negotiation skills
• Knowledge of Industrial Fastners is a plus.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to frequently lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions