Warehouse Sales Operations Manager
90K – 100K
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a strong leader who has the ability and experience to manage a medium size Distribution Center. Responsibilities include providing guidance and direction to both the Sales and Operations management. A strong focus on customer experience and satisfaction is a must. You must be able to develop KPI’s, provide strategic direction on pricing, negotiation and contracts. Furthermore, you are responsible for ensuring that you branch achieves profitability and meets ore exceeds profit goals.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Providing leadership and direction to the Sales and Operations groups.
- Working closely with the sales organization to achieve sales and service targets by way of on-site inventory management activities and CPS® optimization
- Implementing processes and procedures to ensure branch goals are achieved.
- Reviewing financial statements, sales and production reports, KPI’s to ensure goals are achieved. measure productivity and goal achievement, as well as determining areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Providing input to Senior Management on budgets, goals, sales margins and inventory.
- Traveling to branch locations to deliver training and ensure operational policies, procedures and objectives are met.
- Consulting and collaborating with Human Resources, local and senior management to select and hire the most talented and capable team members who contribute to the success of the branch.
- Identifying training requirements for performance improvement; managing ongoing training programs for service teams.
- Managing and coordinating operational activities to maximize productivity and increase efficiency.
- Developing and implementing process improvements, effective solutions that facilitate and drive growth and improve efficiencies.
- Leading or participating in customer sales calls and meetings.
- Educating inside and outside Sales Operations Representative on means and methods of employing the most effective sales strategies.
- Attending and participating in company-wide meetings and training sessions related to Sales and Operations.
- This position is the process owner for related ISO processes and forms.
- Maintaining and fostering relationships, promoting alignment and communicating regularly with the other key process owners including Outside Sales, Purchasing, Quote, Implementation, Quality, Engineering and Logistics.
- Coordinating with Implementation Team on new customer start-ups and optimization activities in support of customers.
- Working with team and cross functionally to identify VMI optimization and improvement opportunities.
- Developing and continuously improving processes, systems and measurement criteria for a successful high growth sales organization.
- Continually supporting, modeling and teaching the corporate culture.
- Other duties or tasks as needed or required.
- Military Veteran or family member preferred but not required.
- Experience in industrial distribution and Fastner industry is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field, and a minimum of 3 years of related management experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Results driven and focused on continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with and uncompromising commitment to professionalism, integrity and ethics.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strategic thinking leader who can develop creative problem-solving solutions and coach and teach and develop subordinates.
- Participative management style.
- Valid driver’s license, and clean driving record
- Strong business acumen including mathematical concepts.
- Ability to interpret charts, graphs, statistics, percentages, and ratios.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills. Working knowledge of other Microsoft Suite of products.
- Understanding of SAP or Prophet 21 ERP software is a plus.
- Ability to lead and direct, both cross-functionally (peers in other departments) and within the organization, across multiple geographies.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO certification is preferred.
- Must pass a background check and drug screen.