Forklift Operator Shipping and Receiving
Location: Birmingham, AL
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Position Type: Full Time
This position requires forklift experience. Also, the successful candidate will be required to perform general warehouse functions and will also be in training to perform all shipping and receiving functions.
Qualification Requirements Include:
- Having a constant focus on working safely.
- Focusing on accuracy and customer service.
- Operating a forklift according to all proper operating instructions and in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operating electric or manual pallet jacks when necessary.
- Retrieving products throughout the facility and moving to and from staging, shipping and receiving areas.
- Placing products on pallets by hand when necessary.
- Manually picking orders when necessary.
- Utilizing and operating a RF Scanner for picking and tracking products.
- Assembling customer orders and preparing the same for shipping.
- Utilizing a shrink wrap machine.
- Keeping work area clean and free of hazards.
- Other duties as needed or requested.
- U.S. Military Veteran or family member preferred.
- Shipping and Receiving experience is a plus.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a positive attitude and team spirit.
- Experience operating a RF Scanner.
- History of good attendance and performance at previous jobs.
- At least 1 – year experience operating a fork lift and electric pallet jack.
- At least 1-year experience working in a warehouse or distribution environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, push, bend, lift and pull throughout your shift as necessary.
- Good reading and comprehension skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work overtime when requested or required.