NOW Hiring Heroes is seeking an Operations Manager for one of our clients in the Tallahassee, FL area. This opportunity will focus on applying knowledge of business and management principles involving strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Manage production facility operations and lead a large team; ensuring and maintaining direct, productive, and positive relationships between and among management and non-exempt employees.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives that reduce the cost of operations and improve Service Level, capacity, productivity, and quality.
- Managing the inbound internal and outbound movement of products into and out of the production facility.
- Tracking and assuring on-time deliveries, customer service support, and Service Level Standards are met.
- Lead and supervise a team of Transportation, Warehouse, Inventory Control, Production & Building Safety Managers, and Supervisors; as well as, conduct production meetings and training.
- Responsibility for the overall safety, quality, and performance of the production facility.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal customers: CS, HR, Purchasing, IT.
- Mentor, train, and develop teammates for career progression and learning.
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and departments.
- Strategic planning and forecast; resolve problems.
- Must be flexible and be able to work multiple shifts (2nd, 3rd & Weekends)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of production and operations management experience, with a minimum of 150 employees.
- Broad knowledge of GMP, 5S, Kaizen, Lean Mfg.
- Military Veteran Preferred.
- Results-driven with a high sense of urgency; adept at managing and facilitating change.
- Organized with strong attention to detail, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Full P & L responsibility focused on variable components (payroll to supplies). Able to interpret financial and operational data.
- Excellent and Proven leadership and Managerial skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to lead and succeed in a high production facility.