Title: Database Administrator - SQL Server
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Compensation: $55k - $70k Negotiable
The SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing, and maintaining databases.
Database Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
Database Administrator Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- One to three years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus
Our client offers long term employment with a 34-year-old company that is continually growing. Great benefits with many extras. Health, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, vacation, and much more.
All applicants are required to demonstrate the ability to pass all pre-employment testing to include: background check and drug test.