ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER
Full Time – Direct Hire
$60,000 - $70,000 per year
The Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for the industrial electrical and controls systems. This includes ensuring that all specifications are met, and all codes and standards are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Developing electrical designs, schematics, and drawings packages as required in AutoCAD.
- Designing controls systems and components that meet needs and requirements of the manufacturing processes.
- Analyzing controls and automation to implement changes to utilize current technologies and optimizing performance.
- Evaluating final designs for overall performance, reliability and safety.
- Altering and modifying existing designs to meet current requirements and to eliminate malfunctions and increase reliability.
- Developing electrical Bill of Materials as required.
- Identifying, formulating, and producing effective solutions to emerging problems.
- Updating existing electrical packages such as ladder diagrams, loop diagrams, AC & DC distribution panels, schematic & wiring diagrams as well as panel layouts and BOMs.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of electrical standard drawings.
- Checking drawing packages and documentation generated by Electrical Designers, Electrical and Process Engineers.
- Powering up electrical systems and configuring hardware per application specifications.
- Designing and developing applications based on requirements and specifications.
- Attends project meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties and tasks as needed or required.
- Military Veteran or Family Member preferred but not required.
- Bachelors Degree in electrical engineering or a related field or equivalent level of level of experience in the military or in a civilian occupation.
- Strong mathematical skills to include the ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to program a Programable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- AutoCAD experience.
- Experience designing industrial control systems such as Motors and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD).
- Experience troubleshooting industrial control systems.
- Experience with complete control systems design to include developing of panel assemblies, electrical schematics, single line diagrams, power distribution, interconnect field wiring diagrams and cable schedules for industrial control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a manufacturing environment.
- Verifiable Network and Communications experience.
- Able to walk, climb, stand, stoop, push, pull as required as required during the work shift.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in common software including Microsoft Office programs.
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred but not required.