PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR 2ND SHIFT
DIRECT HIRE – FULL TIME
Benefits Start First Day of Employment
Location: Cumming, GA
Hours: 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Pay: $52,000 - $57,000 Per Year
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of 3 to 12 direct reports. She/He will also manage the production, quality, scheduling, and training activities of the team. Also taking responsibility for planning, scheduling and other activities for the production department on her/his assigned shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring and maintaining a safe, organized, work environment.
- Conducting Safety Meetings.
- Training and developing direct reports.
- Engaging new and existing team members to ensure they have a clear understanding of production expectations and goals.
- Actively participating in the hiring and selection process of new employees.
- Continuously striving to balance employee concerns with customer satisfaction and company profit goals.
- Making sure all new employees have a copy of the company employee handbook and an understanding of company policies.
- Promoting a great team spirit, pride and accomplishment among team members.
- Handling employee complaints, questions and requests promptly, fairly and honestly.
- Scheduling and comparing demand with output to ensure efficient flow of products to support customer demand and on-time delivery..
- Troubleshooting and solving production problems and quality issues. .
- Developing, assisting in developing and implementing improvement initiatives, Statistical Process Controls that may include, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Cost Reduction strategies.
- Working to continuously improve quality and following standard operating procedures in accordance with ISO requirements.
- Conducting Communication Meetings.
- Followiing and implementing budget controls, within assigned departments.
- Willing to work overtime and any shift if and when necessary if determined by management.
- Scheduling overtime as required to meet customer demand in the most efficient manner.
- Communicating all necessary data (i.e, safety, quality, customer concerns, hot items, bottlenecks, maintenance issues, new quotes/orders) to facilitate improvements with productivity, quality systems, and production processes.
- Managing inventories to minimize excess, obsolete, mixture, stock-outs, spoilage, and loss.
- Other duties as needed or required.
THE FOLLOIWNG CERTIFICATIONS ARE A PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED.
- Military Veteran or Family Member preferred but not required.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Business, Industrial or Manufacturing Degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing related experience.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and focused on results.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient with MS Office programs.
LEAN SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION