Job Title: Production Manager / Project Manager
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Compensation: $50k - $60k Negotiable based on experience
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for supervising the Production Department in a safe and effective manner in order to produce quality products for customers.
SUPERVISION OF PERSONNEL:
- Plans and establishes production targets, work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Revises production schedules when required due to priorities, engineering design changes, labor or material shortages, back orders or other situations requiring collaboration with management to update production schedules and plans.
- Ownership of Quality in all aspects of production.
- Enters/validates all production orders entered into the ERP system as production is physically completed.
- Monitors each project to maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Maintains staff by selecting, orienting and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Trains or directs the training of new hires.
- Ensures safe work practices are adhered to.
- Ensures production equipment, Company vehicle and tools are properly maintained.
- Maintains shop supplies and manufacturing inventories.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; initiating coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Interacts with various departments on a daily basis to gather information to get projects started and completed.
- Ensures schematics and materials are available to complete projects.
- Works with Field Service & Test Department and Shipping Department to plan shipments to customers.
- Ensures each project is inspected prior to shipment, makes sure material used on projects is accounted for and reported to accounting, takes photos of projects and posts to Worknet.
- Performs other duties which may be required by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Welders and Production personnel
- Mechanical Shop Foreman
- High School diploma or GED required. A 4 year technical degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years of direct supervisory experience with production, engineering, warehouse and quality functions in a manufacturing/plant environment with emphasis on electrical assembly.
- Experience and success with a process improvements including utilizing continued process disciplines such as Lean, Six Sigma or equivalent.
- Ability to interpret and understand electrical schematics.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with an ERP System.
- Activities - Sitting – 5% Walking/Standing – 95%
- Lifting - Frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bending - Must be able to bend, squat, crawl and climb.
- Vision - Long periods of close work on small fonts and fine print on drawings and ability to see small or detailed items.
- Mental Demands - Interpret, analyze, research and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Environment - Shop/warehouse.