Pay: $28.00 – $32.00 Per Hour
Full Time – Direct Hire
The Electrician is responsible for providing technical expertise to safely plan and perform electrical work for residential and commercial solar projects.
Essential Job Functions Include
• Ensuring that the work is performed in a safe, neat and efficient manner and in compliance with all State and local codes and standards.
• Safely planning and completing Main Panel Upgrades (MPU), GMA’s, Battery backup installs, and other major electrical work.
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting system components to resolve electrical issues.
Assembling all components of a residential solar system.
• Interfacing with leadership to ensure compliance with electrician/labor ratios and continuing education requirements.
• Following OSHA, NEC, AHJ and Utility requirements.
• Working with crew and completing all portions of Photovoltaic systems installs (PV).
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical components and system issues.
• Providing excellent customer service throughout the installation process.
• Uploading photos and updating job status in the company database when work is complete.
• Conduit bending (EMT) and producing quality consistently.
• Performing service maintenance and repairs as needed assigned.
• Documenting work by taking pictures and completing work orders.
• Performing other related duties as needed or required.
• Military Veteran or family member preferred but not required.
Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business
• Must maintain a good driving record.
• Minimum 3 years of electrical installation and repair experience
• Working knowledge of current NEC codes
• Depending on the region, may be required to hold a Journeyman License or higher.
• Must have working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels.
• Must be able to effectively manage work to achieve required timelines.
• Must be experienced with all required hand and power tools associated with the electrical trade.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read and interpret single- and three-line drawings.
• Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in meetings.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• Must be able to stand for long periods, climb ladders, scaffolds, or poles.
• Must be able to stoop, crouch, or crawl as necessary to complete tasks.
• Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out as necessary to complete tasks.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift 50+ pounds when required.
NOW Hiring Heroes, Inc. (NHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NOW Hiring Heroes, Inc. and all client companies of NHH comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training, etc.. For more information on NHH's EOE program or to report a violation, Follow this link