Title: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Jacksonville, FL
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in maintenance to:
• Maintain conveyor system and assist with troubleshooting.
• Set up and maintain all receiving, picking and shipping equipment to ensure that DC operations are running smoothly at all times.
• Service facility equipment, to include the conveyor system, with emphasis on preventive maintenance and repair.
• Perform basic preventive maintenance and repairs on all order pickers, forklift trucks and pallet jacks (including battery charging and change outs).
• Perform all office maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, furniture reconfiguration and movement, electrical, plumbing and mechanical work.
• Must have certification(s) or be able to demonstrate ability in 120V electrical installation, 3 phase electrical motor control troubleshooting, and/or forklift truck, order picker, and pallet jack maintenance and repair.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Purpose of Role
This position will support the DC by performing maintenance work on the conveyor system, building, and/or related equipment. Maintenance involves, but is not limited to, the following trades: electrical, mechanical, carpentry, plumbing, welding/metal fabrication, painting, and forklift repair. The position also involves equipment installation and repair, generation of reports, inventory of maintenance/facility parts.
The accomplished individual will possess…
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of five years’ experience maintaining equipment such as conveyors, PLCs, distribution facility equipment/machinery, building apparatus, electrical circuitry and wiring, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
• Strong electrical and mechanical abilities.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule..
NOW Hiring Heroes, Inc. (NHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NOW Hiring Heroes, Inc. and all client companies of NHH comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training, etc.. For more information on NHH's EOE program or to report a violation, Follow this link