We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Aerospace and Defense Practice. This position may be in the San Antonio, TX or Norfolk, VA office.
We take pride in having partnered with the Department of Defense for more than 70 years on facilities and infrastructure projects designed to protect, train, and service military personnel and their families. From hangars and airfields to training and command facilities, you could be a part of a team that is changing the landscape of national security. Whatever military projects arise, we’re ready to support our uniformed men and women that protect and serve our nation.
In the Mechanical Engineering role, the associate would be responsible for the design of Mechanical Building Systems, such as HVAC and plumbing. The position will work closely with other engineers and architects as part of a multidiscipline design team. Additionally, the candidate shall be required to have direct relationships with clients in direct support of their project needs. Come join us to further develop your experience and responsibilities with this excellent opportunity.
In this role, you will have the opportunity apply and grow your skills and experience to:
- Solve environmental challenges through the development of innovative solutions for sustainable facilities
- Leverage strong leadership skills while working as the Lead Project Engineer for Mechanical systems
- Apply your analytical skills through the preparation and direction of studies, scoping documents, and other project critical reports and documentation
- Orchestrate the successful coordination of project schedules with respect to both construction cost and fee budgets
- Elevate collaboration within a full service team of like-minded Architects, Engineers, and Project Managers
- Coach and mentor junior staff to become the next generation of engineers, project managers, and leaders
- Implement continuous process improvements to enhance client services…
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience in building mechanical system design
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Virginia or the ability to receive reciprocity within 6 months
- Working experience with AutoCAD and REVIT
- Prior project and/or project management experience within the defense sector is desired
- Working in support of the Department of Defense, applicants must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
- Candidate must have a valid passport along with the ability/desire to travel internationally and domestically.
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
· Change Orientation
· Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.